Quartier des Lignières 16
CH-2105 Travers (Neuchâtel)
Phone: (+41 32) 863 24 07
Fax: (+41 32) 863 21 55
Number of rooms: n.m.
Bathrooms available: private
and shared bathrooms
Prices per night and per
person, in double room, breakfast included :
- Room * with shower - WC on same floor: 40.- SFr, 28.- €.
- Room ** with shower/bath - WC in the room: 50.- SFr, 35.- €.
- Room *** with shower/bath - WC in the room, balcony, view (2nd floor),
living-room chimney: 60.- SFr, 42.- €.
- Supplement for individual room: 20.- SFr, 14.- €.
- Children 2-16 years old: 25.- SFr, 18.- €.
Reduction for stays over 2 nights
- Villa Moncalme is located above the village of Travers, in a
very calm residential area (no transit road) in an idyllic setting
with a large garden, a pond and a magnificent view of the region
and mountains. Behind the house lie pastures (cross-country skiing
in winter) and a forest.
- The village of Travers (altitude 770 meters / approximately
1200 inhabitants) is right on the transit line from Bern - Neuchatel
- Pontarlier - Dijon to Paris. It is situated in a Jura valley
(the Val-de-Travers) between the French border and the lake of
- In less than 30 minutes by car, you can easily reach the towns
of Neuchatel, La Chaux-de-Fonds (the highest in Switzerland),
or the French town of Pontarlier.
- Villa Moncalme is situated at about 10 minutes on foot from
the railway station and from the village centre, where all facilities
can be found (bakeries, butcher's, food store, book store, doctor's,
pharmacy, bank, post office, several restaurants, etc a dairy
which offers local specialities, as well as a railway station
with an official exchange office and a Mini-shop open everyday
till late in the evening).
Other "large" stores, specialised shops, bars, dancings,
etc can be found in Couvet (4 km/2,5 miles) and in Fleurier (9
- For emergencies: a doctor and a chemist in Travers; a hospital
and a dentist in Couvet (4 km/2,5 miles).
- Most rooms have an independent entrance, private WC, cable television
with thirty programmes, including some programmes in English,
phone with direct access, radio alarm-clock, and corner kitchen.
to get there:
- from Neuchatel : through the "Clusette tunnel" (altitude
- from France : from Pontarlier - Les Verrieres (altitude 930 meters)
- from Yverdon : over Ste-Croix and the "Etroits" Pass
(altitude 1150 meters).
By train :
- to Neuchatel by direct train starting from most main Swiss cities
and both the airports of Geneva and Zurich,
- travel duration : Geneva Airport - Neuchatel : about 80 minutes
Zurich Airport - Neuchatel : about 2 hours,
- daily TGV (High Speed Train) between Paris (Lyon Station) and
Neuchatel in less than 4 hours,
- from Neuchatel to Travers, with regional trains (direction Fleurier
- Buttes) in less than 30 minutes (about a train every hour from
6 am till 11 pm).
As you arrive in Travers, turn north in the middle of the village
and follow the brown signs indicating "Villa Moncalme".